If you have already seen all the Recommended pakistani drama serials, then please do read on as several drama serials have aired since then which are definitely worth watching.
Here is a list of dramas that you should binge watch over next weekend.
1. Darr si jaati hai sila: Written by Bee Gul and starring Yumna Zaidi alongside Nauman Ijaz and Saman Ansari, Dar si jaati hai sila is a must watch. It’s a story of a girl who lives in constant fear even in her own house. It’s very well written, the dialogues are crisp, very well directed, not stretched and each and every actor has done comcompl justice to their role. Just a note of caution: it can get very emotional towards the end, keep that hanky handy.
2. Sang e Mar Mar: As a ruler I do start watching every Nauman Ijaz drama serial even if it does not look too good from the promos. This was exactly the case with Sang e mar mar as well. I was not too keen on it but decided to give it a chance for Saniya Saeed and Nauman Ijaz. Written by Mustafa Afridi and directed by Saife Hasan, Sang e Mar Mar is the story of a pashtun family headed by the strict patriarch Gulistan Khan, played to perfection by Naunan Ijaz. It talks about outdated customs and traditions that make life almoal too difficult to live. Strong performances by actors like Nauman Ijaz, Saniya Saeed and the extremely talented Paras Masroor, with a gripping story, breathtakingly beautiful locations and strong direction makes it a must watch
3. Yakeen ka safar: Oh, where do I start from? Yakeen ka safar is based on a short novel called ‘Woh Yakeen ka Naya Safar’ written by Farhat Ishtiaq. I started watching it mainly because i enjoyed readrea the novel. It’s a story of a girl who loses pretty much everything because her family does not trust her and then how she works hard to be independent and during her journey finds people struggling in their lives but not giving up. Although I knew Sajal Ali would be great as Zobia but it was Ahad Reza Mir who shined as Dr Asfandyar. If you still have not seen it, then you must make some time for it over the weekend.
4. Shayad: Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely love Nauman Ijaz? I thith I have. A d now that we have this out of the way, let me inform you that this is another drama serial with outstanding performance by Nauman Ijaz. Based on a novel of the same name written by Faiza Iftikhar is about the relationship between Saad and Hani and the ties that bind them together. The sets and editing are perfect and it’s production quality is slick. Sadia Khan looks beautiful as Hani but it’s Uzair Jaswal as Saad who really steals the show. If you are a fan of romance, this is a must watch.
5. Aangan (ARY): Aangan started a revolrevol of sorts in Pakistani drama industry. It’s the kind of serial that although highlights a lot of social issues and gives their solutions as well, it never gets preachy and never awkward. It’s the story of a family and must be watched with your family. It talks about how families support each other, forgive mistakes and move on in life together. The best part about it is that each and every character is given equal importance and attention which makes it very easy to understand why a particular character behaves the way they do. This is rather rare in Pakistani drama serials. With great performances from industry stalwarts like Qavi Khan and Samina Ahmed to some newcomers whose names even I am not aware of, Aangan is a treat to watch. Highly recommended!
6. Akhri station: This is a 7 part mini series prodprod by Kashaf Foundation. Just like their earlier productions, namely Udaari and Rehai, Akhri Station shows reality in a brutal and raw manner. It speaks the truth, without sugar coating it. If you suffer from depression or anxiety, i will suggest not to watch this show. It’s awesome script, impact full use of imagery along with power-packed performances and great direction by Sarmad Khoosat make it a must watch.
7. Khudgharz: Although Sami Khan is an extremely good actor, unfortunately got type casted for several years and didn’t do any noteworthy project for several years. Things have changed now and he is doing some wonderful work. Khudgharz is definitely one of those drama serials where you can see him portraying an extremely complicated role effortlessly. Along with him Amina Sheikh and Syed Jibran were absolute stars of the show. The show was directed by Yair Nawaz and he proved he is an ace director. Also, if you are planning to watch it, keep a tissue box with you. You can thank me later.
8. Lashkara: Set in interior Lahore, Lashkara is the story of one acid attack survivor. Written by Zafar Mairaj and directed by Kashif Nisar, it starts off as a fun, light hearted love triangle of sorts but it actually deals with a huge social dilemma. Imran Ashraf, Ushna Shah and Mohsin Abbas Haider make it an absolute treat to watch with their great performances.
9. Muqabil: Another Mohsin Abbas Haider starrer, Muqabil is an essential watch. Written by Zafar Mairaj and directed by Hasan Ali, Muqabil is the story of a rape survivor, played well by Kubra Khan and supported by Mohsin Abbas Haider as her husband and veterave like Asif Reza Mir and Saba Hameed.
10. Nazar e bad: Although the name of the show probably should have been Kaala Jaadu, Nazar e bad is a very well made drama serial. Starring Azfar Rehman in a negative role along with the very beautiful Sarah Khan and immensely talented sakina sammo, Nazar e bad is the story about love, jealousy and the desire to have things your own way. Just a littli warning, while it does not get scary, it does become a little creepy and you might not want to watch it alone