As soon as K turned 14 months, I let her join a playgroup that is conducted in our condominium’s playroom twice a week . K happens to be the youngest right now in the group while the oldest is 2 years and 4 months. I just love the kind of stuff they do: sing nursery rhymes, read books and also have an arts and crafts session. Although these children are too small to actually create themselves, with help from their teacher and their guardian attending the playgroup session with them, they create some lovely stuff. In the past one month, K has created 4 beautiful pieces of art Masha Allah that I am so proud of.
Now, I was saving all these little pieces of art in an ‘art bag’ but I realized that in the months to come, she will be creating many more small projects like this and I need to somehow preserve them.
So I have decided to convert these small projects into one bigger project: The ABC Book.
And we already have 4 pictures to go into our book: B (Butterfly), C (Cloud), S (Sun) and T (Tree).
I have decided to do the following:
- Get a file folder big enough to accommodate these pictures if 1 of them is pasted on one page.
- Get different colored construction paper, enough to make 26 pages (for the letters) and the pictures to go with each letter
- Get construction paper to write letters.
- I already have color markers, scissors and glue
- Get stickers to decorate and have fun!
I can also do separate posts on how to create each of the above art pieces. Let me know if you want me to do so. Else, I will just post when I will have these 4 letters in my ABC book insha Allah.
I am already excited!