So yea, I am new to baking…and cake decoration. Till now I.hav only depended on Boxed cake mixes but I feel I need to learn to make some cakes from scratch before moving on to decoration.
I opted to try our family favourite, vanilla cake, first. I tried a few different recipes of vanilla cake over the last 10 days and the following recipe turned put to be the best.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Simple Buttercream icing
- Pre heat oven at 180 C and prepare the baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk and keep asida.
- In another bowl, beat butter till fluffy. Add sugar and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one by one and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and eggs into the butter mixture, alternatively. Combine them all properly.
- Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes (when toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Let it cool for 10-15 min before covering it with simple buttercream icing.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee.
The recipe is easy and fool proof. The cake came out soft and absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!