Do I need to say more? 😛
A very interesting post that shows “as soon as you update the master, the other places automatically get the update.” Facebook Status was used to apply this concept. A must read!
Got this in email today from a friend at work…had to share this!
1. The Female always makes THE RULES.
2. THE RULES are subject to change without notice.
3. No Male can possibly know all THE RULES.
4. If the Female suspects the Male knows all THE RULES, she must immediately change some or all of THE RULES.
5. The Female is never wrong.
6. If it appears the Female is wrong, it is because of a flagrant misunderstanding caused by something the Male did or said wrong.
7. If Rule #6 applies, the Male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
8. The Female can change her mind at any given time.
9. The Male must never change his mind without the express, written consent of The Female.
10. The Female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
11. The Male must remain calm at all times, unless the Female wants him to be angry or upset.
12. The Female must, under no circumstances, let the Male know whether she wants him to be angry or upset.
13. The Male is expected to read the mind of the Female at all times.
14. At all times, what is important is what the Female meant, not what she said.
15. If the Male doesn’t abide by THE RULES, it is because he can’t take the heat, lacks ackbone, and is a wimp.
16. If the Female has PMS, all THE RULES are null and void and the Male must cater to her every whim.
17. Any attempt to document THE RULES could result in bodily harm.
18. If the Male, at any time, believes he is right, he must refer to Rule #5
After being victimized for 15 years by street crime, Karachiites have finally decided to take things in their own hands. While the country stll discusses the real issues, there has been another incidence where Karachiites have shown that they will not stay quiet anymore. In merely 4 days, 5 dacoits have been burnt alive…and thats a huge step for Karachiites who usually just surrender in front of such dacoits, accepting the looting as their fate.
I am not really in favour of ‘mob justice’ but what else could possibly have been done? The police seems helpless when people are deprived of their mobile phones, cars and jewelery on the middle of the road. I myself have been a victim of such crimes…and that too thrice. I also reported the first incident to the Police. I am still waiting to get my cell phone and my mom’s bangles back.
Whatever has happened in the past few days is simply a display of frustration that has developed over time due to mistrust on Police and the judiciary. Its barabaric for sure and, I repeat, I am not advocating mob justice. Its sad and deeply depressing but till when should the Karachiites just let the dacoits snatch everything away from them?
PS: this might have been the inspiration for the mob. It also reminds me of whatever I have studied about the French Revolution. Isnt this how the French Revolution started?
Love him or hate him; you just cant ignore him. call him corrupt, an avarice, an opportunist or simply a hero, a visionary, a charismatic leader; his marks are visible wherever you may go in Karachi…from the newly built underpasses and overhead bridges to the constant digging of roads, his name is the first thing that comes to your mind. Yes, you have guessed it right. I am talking about the Mayor of Karachi, Mustafa Kamal.
He is the much talked about young leader of MQM who is very rapidly climbing up the stairs of success not only in MQM but also in the country’s political scene. He is seen by many as the future ‘star’ of the political arena and its no wonder that his on going visit to Washington is being put under scrutiny.
He has been getting some “special treatment” in the USA for this visit where he apparantly has gone to motivate the investors to invest in his city. Needless to say, he ended up being vocal on a lot of issues other than Karachi…making this a must read.
Got this forwarding today in my inbox….couldnt help sharing it with everyone
1. Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good. When was the last time us men went shopping for designer pyjamas? Just like the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to dress up for her too. Remember that Rasulullah -sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam – would always start with Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.
2. Use the cutest names for your wife. Rasul Allah-sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam – had nicknames for his wives, ones that they loved. Call your wife by the most beloved names to her, and avoid using names that hurt their feelings.
3. Don’t treat her like a fly. We never think about a fly in our daily lives until it ‘bugs’ us. Similarly, a wife will do well all day – which brings no attention from the husband until she does something to ‘bug’ him. Don’t treat her like this; recognize all the good that she does and focus on that.
4. If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do not comment! This is one of the ways Rasul Allah – sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam – used when he would see something inappropriate from his wives – radi Allahu ‘anhunn. It’s a technique that few Muslim men have mastered. He would gently advise them to correct their ways.
5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her and embrace her often. Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling. Remember also those Ahadith when Rasul Allah – sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam – would kiss his wife before leaving for Salah, even if he was fasting.
6. Thank her for all that she does for you. Then thank her again! Take for example a dinner at your house. She makes the food, cleans the home, and a dozen other tasks to prepare. And sometimes the only acknowledgement she receives is that there needed to be more salt in the soup. Don’t let that be; thank her!
7. Ask her to write down the last ten things you did for her that made her happy. Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what gives your wife pleasure. You don’t have to play a guessing game, ask her and work on repeating those times in your life.
8. Don’t belittle her desires. Comfort her. Sometimes the men may look down upon the requests of their wives. Rasul Allah – sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam set the example for us in an incident when Safiyyah – radi Allahu ‘anha – was crying because, as she said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her tears, comforted her, and brought her the camel.
9. Be humorous and Play games with your wife. Look at how Rasul Allah – sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam – would race his wife Aisha – radi Allahu ‘anha – in the desert. When was the last time we did something like that?
10. Always remember the words of Allah’s Messenger – sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam: ‘The best of you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best amongst you to my family.’ Try to be the best! Never forget to make Dua to Allah azza wa jall to make your marriage successful. And Allah ta’ala knows best !!.
The Messenger of Allah, Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-allehe wa-sallam) said ‘Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse’.