We have discussed the liberalization of Indian cinema that introduced a headless woman to plush cinema halls. Our artists agree to choose their bodies for self-objectification even when their script doesn’t suit their egos. In our previous posts, we have given a number of examples of such movie posters that are merely designed for public’s sexual attraction.
Although we agree that Bollywood emerged as the multiplex capital of the world with its breath-taking movies in 1990’s but gradually Bollywood turned its ship to generate revenue by self-objectifying female artists hence crippling the moralities of Indian society. Thanks to the headless moment that opened our eyes as to how women’s fragmented (hyper-sexualized) body parts are used to sell movies.
Breaking all the norms of Bollywood traditions, directors are struggling to earn as much business as possible without taking into the consideration the impact of a headless woman on the society.
Impact on Society:
The Indian society has already suffered from moral setbacks in ancient times where a woman was merely used as a sex symbol. The headless women in Bollywood movie posters have brought back the concept of objectifying a woman sexually but in a new way. What a shame it is! Have you wondered why rape cases & domestic violence are increasing day by day?
It is understood that Bollywood movies (being the strongest communication tool for public) are not teaching our men to respect or value a woman’s character in general. The headless posters of Bollywood movies may exaggerate sexual impulses of a man to an extent that he is less likely to control his desires and rape a woman.
Concluding the series of Headless woman of Bollywood, I suggest my readers boycott such hyper-sexualized movie posters that degrade a women’s character to help bring a maximum loss for such movies. Our female artists shall also not choose to self-objectify their body parts as most of them are a role model for a society.
I will not say that a women have no character; rather, they have a new one everyday. By Heinrich Heini
As time is progressing, pakistani weddings have become bigger and larger. Now people want designer wear and creative dance floors only to have a wedding that not only the guests will remember for a long time but will also look better than any other on Instagram and Pinterest. But with pomp and aplomb comes a heavy price that young, newly married couples can hardly afford. Here is a list of 10 trendy items that you can have for your wedding which will not cost you an arm.
1. Customised mehndi/mayon jewellery
2. Customised paranda to go with your mehndi/mayon jewellery
3. Little matki- can be used to keep ubtan or just as a little prop to spice up the decor
4. Customised diyas
5. Mehndi Thaal
6. Potli Pouches
7. Nikah pen and rasam key pattey
8. Doodh pilai rasam glass
9. Arsi mushaf mirror
10. Gift boxes and baskets
Please note this is not a sponsored post but a recommendation.
All the pictures used in this post are provided by Huma Ashraf. She is a crafter who has turned her passion into her very successful business venture. She is a single mother of a young girl and with her hard work has become a source of inspiration for a lot of other girls around her. She can be contacted via her Facebook page.
Please note this is not a sponsored post.
While Eidi envelopes will never go out of fashion, gift baskets have become a trend over the years as well. Gift baskets are a blessing for a person like me who can take hours and hours to think of a gift and still not be happy with it.
The best thing about gift baskets is that you can tailor your basket to the theme, person or type of event.
This Eid you can give a customised Eid basket to your loved ones and there are so many reasons for it:
- They are quick, easy and low cost.
- They can contain the kind of quality of products that fits your budget.
- They are fun to open.
- Can be personalised for the recipient so you always know that your gift will not go in waste.
- Usually include products that can be consumed easily and can have both edible and non edible items.
The pictures have been graciously provided to us by Zara Hayat. She specialises in customised gift baskets for all occasions. I have personally used her services. She listens to the client, is quick with her response and her finished product is of high quality. She can be contacted via her Facebook page.
As we approach the end of Ramadan and still try to guess when exactly Eid is, let’s try and make this Eid beautiful not only for ourselves but also for others around us by knowing what not to say.
None of us mean to say the wrong thing but sometimes we just do especially when we meet our extended family after several months. Sometimes we meet new faces as families expand, or even unexpected guests. Now that I am older, I also see myself sometimes passing the irritating comment, ‘Arey masha allah tum kitney Barry ho gaye.’ It happens to everyone. We often end up asking questions that seem entirely innocent to us but can hurt and/or irritate the other person emotionally.
In the list below I share some of the questions that are not as polite as we might think they are.
What not to ask people this Eid ul Fitr or any other party?
- Do not ask anyone when they are getting married. People might be looking aggressively for an appropriate rishta and sometimes finding a suitable rishta is not easy. And no, it’s not suitable to tell them about certain single women who you think might be extremely lonely. There is no point in showing the grim side of not being married. Sometimes, they do not want to get married any time soon and they have other plans. At times it gets so infuriating that many young adults do not want to join their family during ‘House hopping’.
- Do not ask others when they might be having kids. Infertility issues, miscarriages or sometimes just not planning a child might be the reason for a couple not having a child. Other people reproductive health and decisions are none of your business. You don’t know who is dealing with infertility or grieving miscarriages or struggling with health issues. You don’t know who is having relationship issues or who might not be in a position to have their ‘next’ child straight away. You don’t know your seemingly innocent question might cause some people grief, pain or stress. This is one question you must stay away from.
- Do not comment on anyone’s weight. You can simply say, ‘It’s so good to see you.’ We will surely meet someone who might lost a bit too much weight or someone who has drastically gained a lot of weight. Weight is sometimes not just about being lazy or over indulgence. Whether you believe it or not, it’s not necessary at all to tell someone about how bad they look due to their weight. They probably do have mirrors at home and know exactly how they look. Their weight is their business. Some people are confident and secure in whatever their weight may be. Some people are struggling. So it’s best to avoid any conversation that revolves around weight.
- If you meet a young child, do not ask them who their favourite family member is or who they love most. Love is a huge word and it’s meaning can’t possibly be understood by a young child. Also do not force them to eat something. Nut/gluten allergies are more common than you might think so let the parents choose what they want their kids to eat.
- This one is also a basic etiquette that you must have when meeting a young child. Do not say, ‘hug/kiss me and I will give you a treat.’ Please do not invade a child’s private space. They are still learning about trust and do not tell the child that its alright to bribe for certain ‘favours’
So yea, that’s about it. Sometimes empathy is more important than anything else. And the best thing about it is that it doesn’t cost anything.
I recently watched a TV show called ‘The Good Doctor’ – a story of an autistic medical resident with supernormal intelligence. The show highlighted the challenges and prejudices the young doctor had to face in his field because of his conditions. Lucky for him, his genius mind made things easier for him.
The truth, however, is slightly different. Not all children born with autism are so lucky.
Autism is a group of disorders that affect a child’s ability to socialize, empathize and communicate with those around him. Social, speech and behavioral problems make it difficult for autistic children to cope with the ever-changing tides of the society.
Although seldom seen (or perhaps diagnosed) in Pakistan, the condition requires attentions and knowledge to improve the child’s life. The Autism Society of Pakistan estimates a total of 350k autistic children in the country.
The important question is: is there a cure? Like most mental illnesses, there is no complete treatment for autism. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
With proper therapy and intervention, the burden of social challenges these children face can be minimized. It’s important to realize that treatment options for autistic children not only include their personal therapy but also the education of the people around him so that he is treated with greater kindness and understanding. A major problem autistic children face is bullying in schools which makes the disorder even more stressful.
If you know a child with autism, make sure he is brought to medical attention and not hidden away as an ‘abnormal’ child as is mostly done in the country. With therapy and the support of loved ones, autism can be less of a nightmare for both the child and his family.
<< Previous Next>>
It’s a man’s job to respect women, but it’s a women’s job to give him something to respect
The film industry of Bollywood was once known for its traditional attires and ruled the global cinemas for decades. With the dawn of 21st century, Bollywood inclination towards headless women has been increased & actresses themselves choose to self-objectify their personalities. The item songs have taken a vital position in every Bollywood movie that is also collaborated with vulgar posters to attract the public grasp.
The movement- Headless women of Hollywood was in full swing in Europe when we witnessed Bollywood joining the hands of Hollywood to self-objectify a women’s character.
Here we will analyze some other posters of Bollywood movies that will ultimately leave you speechless as whether displaying a headless woman on posters is the need of character or a fishy game against a woman.
If you have a look at the poster of this movie, you will get a clear idea as to how men visualize a women’s body. It may not be true for all men but the point here is that women are repeatedly presented as pleasure toy for men. The poster also highlights that the GreatGrand Masti comes from being obsessive to so many women.
The movie’s plot is related to three friends who are unhappy with their marital life and looking for something to enjoy their lives & what is their something? Obviously, a woman who is an object used for their pleasure!
Kya Kool Hain Hum 3:
This movie came in three different parts & with every release of its new part, the movie’s poster highlighted headless women more boldly. The movie’s storyline revolves around men who opt for a porn star profession to earn money. So, the poster would have highlighted men’s nudity to meet the demand of the storyline. But here again, women are chosen as glamorous & vulgar characters to publicize the movie for generating the revenue. The directors are just craving for revenue without giving a damn to a women’s character.
This series of headless women of Bollywood will end in our next post. So, Stay tuned for the last part to help us change these bitter realities!
Lili Reinhart (21) and Cole Sprouse (25) both star on Riverdale, which is based on everyone’s favorite Archie Comics, just with a darker and a more mysterious theme, which of course, has the fans hooked on this show really, really bad! Trust me, I know, I’ve been there.
Lili and Cole play the iconic Betty and Jughead in this series, with their on-screen romance so sizzling, it has viewers wishing they were a real-life couple too! Let’s just say our wishes came true. Cole is a mystery in itself, which (sadly) means he does not open up about his personal life, completely understandable! But it also has the poor fans aggressively speculating about the couple’s off-screen relationship.
But fret no more my Riverdale fellows, for they basically just made their relationship public in the classiest way possible, which of course has the fans (like myself) swooning and giddy with excitement! How did they make their relationship public? By appearing at the MetGala together hand in hand and looking stunning as always!
Now that the fans have released a sigh of relief, let’s just say it wasn’t quite the easy-peasy journey. While Cole and Lili have been seen vacationing on public holidays and were even caught doing PDA, none of them confirmed it vocally. Although let’s be real, it was quite obvious that they were dating. How could they not?!