Schools these days expect kids to complete projects that are extremely difficult for their age. So, a lot of times, parents end.up.doing those or they hire someone to do it for them.
Last week, my 5 year old.daughter was asked to make a lantern for the Mid Autumn Moon Festival celebrations at her school. As the lanterns started coming in, I noticed the lanterns to be extremely compliand probably too difficult for my 5 year old tpanage even if I helped. Choosing any of those designs would have meant that in fact I would have to do most of the work. That was not something I was willing to do because I wanted my daughter to contribute in a meaningful way in this project.
A search on the internet led me to am extremely simple design which only required paper of different colors, glue stick and scissors. Thats it.
Steps to follow:
- Take a colored piece of paper, make some design on which woud be easy to cut.
- Once done, roll the paper into a cylinder and stick the ends with glue stick.
- Take another paper, draw parallel lines on it (I drew the lines) leaving a little space on both ends and cut along those lines (my daughter did all.te cutting). We also made holes using a punching machine. My daughter had a lot of fun doing this.
- Roll up this piece of paper on the cylinder.
- Cut and paste the handle to enable easy holding.
Actually, I was quite happy with how it turned out and it only took us around half an hour to get it done.
I think I will be making more of these lanterns with the kids, especially for Eid celebrations at home.
Do try these at home with kids and let me know what you think.
Activated charcoal is a form of carbon that is repeatedly used in various beauty products these days. The carbon is heated in two different ways to increase its power of absorption. There comes a vast variety of charcoaled beauty products like facial masks, scrubs, toothpaste, soaps & many more.
But the question arises..
Why Activated Charcoal Beauty Products stand out than others?
People have been trying various home remedies to get rid of their skin related problems but the most amazing achievement came when they included activated charcoal in their remedies. I remember when my grandmother used to wash metallic dishes with charcoal to increase its lust & I laughed at her craziness. But, I now realized that as a matter of fact, activated charcoal is not less than a gem for our daily lives. It is capable of eliminating dirt particles & harmful bacteria from one’s skin hence enhancing one’s complexion.
Here I am going to share some DIY ideas for making charcoaled beauty products at home:
Pore minimizer Facial Mask:
Coping up with open pores wasn’t as easy as it is now. Try this simple home remedy & observe the results within a short period of time.
- Take 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal; you can buy charcoal capsules or can make it at home (making activated charcoal at home is a bit technical).
- Then take 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay powder & 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix them in a bowl & add a small amount of water to soothe its texture
- After cleansing your face, apply the paste for about 20 minutes (or until it becomes dry).
- Rinse your face & repeat the procedure three times in a week.
You will surely feel the difference with a much tighter & healthy skin.
Teeth Whitening Homemade Charcoal Toothpaste:
This toothpaste is worth-trying:
- Take a capsule of charcoal, empty it in a small bowl.
- Then take a very small amount of toothpaste & mix it well.
- First, rinse your mouth with coconut oil & then apply DIY charcoal toothpaste.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day for effective results.
The list of activated charcoal beauty products goes on & on. Stay tuned for more DIY ideas in our upcoming posts!