So here I am, celebrating my third blogoversary. As I started off from a different blog, I celebrate the day I started blogging rather than the day I started this particular blog.
Anyway, life has changed drastically for me over these past three years and so has my blogging. The reason I started blogging was not something that made me continue blogging. I have repeated quite a lot of times why I started blogging and wat kept me going initially but it changed over time. Soon it was about the number of visitors, the number of subscribers, the number of comments. I dont blog for those reasons anymore. I dont blog for stats any more or to get insane number of comments that I once used to get for the controversial posts that I started doing. I have learned to blog for myself.
But what is it that has kept me hooked to this even then. I mean being the person that I am, I tend to get bored quite easily but why am I still blogging after 3 years. A question that I asked myself today when I saw the Blogoversary badge on my other blog.
And the more I think about it, the more I get convinced that surprisingly, no matter what I might think, the reason is once again pretty much what I started blogging for. It changed in between when I got obsessed with stats. But now, I have come to the point where I started: to talk about things that matter to me, regardless of what they mean for others, regardless of how many people read it, regardless of how many people care to leave comments; I am just happy to have an outlet for my feelings to share with the small but loyal readers’ base and with complete strangers who stumble upon my blog.
At the end of the day, I guess I just want to be heard, even if it is by a small group of people and in doing that I want to be a part of the people who dare to be heard. I dont want to be a celebrity blogger, just someone with a voice.
I just love these quizzes! Just found one on Saadat’s blog, here’s my result.
Consider yourself tagged!
So Mariyas, I know you tagged me ages ago, I am sorry for being soo lazy but here’s my list of 7 over rated things finally 🙂
- Love: I think we just care for certain people and want them to care for us in return. Yet it is interesting that love has been able to inspire poets/writers all along.
- Getting Married/Being in a committed relationship: Why does everyone wants everyone else to be married? I have failed to understand that. Isnt it something very very personal. But people would ever really understand? I dont think so. I just dont think that single people are losers. Its not a disease to be single, just a choice. You can be alone and yet not be lonely. On the other hand, you might be married and yet be as lonely as anyone can ever be.
- Angelina-Brad jodi/SRK/Atif Aslam: Oh can we talk about something else? There are ppl dying in suicide blasts and we are talking about a few ppl’s personal lives!
- Talk shows/Reality shows: Why are we all hooked to watching Hamid Mir making everyone ‘fight’ over issues that do not seem to have a solution? And dont we all secretly want to be superstars or else why cant we miss watching ‘So you think you can dance’ or ‘American Idol’?
- Gora rang: Get over it, please! We have the best complexion in the world, cherish it!! And please, if gora rang was the reason ppl got married, there wouldnt be a single person married in a lot of countries.
- 2012: Do I even need to comment here?
- Facebook/Twitter: People spend more time on these than in real life. I still dont understand why ppl have to update their fb status and all even after coming out of the loo 😛
Time to finally update the blog and wat can be better than a tag, especially one which I have churaofied from PD‘s blog 😀
Anyway, here it goes:
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. If I tagged you, its because I want to know more about you.
Now as I have not been tagged by anyone, I will not be tagging anyone either 😛
- No surprises here, I love to talk and I can actually talk for hours on fone.
- I can be a great listener, just dont ask for suggestions 😛
- Blogging has become an important part of my life and I often thank God that I blog.
- I just hate it wen ppl ask me weird questions about my hijab.
- Call me rigid, I love the way I am. I believe its more important to be real than to pretend to be perfect.
- I always wanted to be married (if I HAD to be married) to someone I would have known inside out from before….as in before considering him for marriage. Instead, I am married to someone I least expected to be married to.
- At times I wish I could change certain things of the past but then I realize that those are the things which define me today. No regrets Alhamdulillah.
- I cant stand the sight of blood.
- I am dreading the time wen all I’l be doing would be behaving like a doting housewife.
- Damn, I hate the term ‘housewife.’ Can we call that something else?
- I am a bad planner. Almost all my plans fail but I still love making plans 😛
- I hate to admit this but I cant whistle 😦
- I would want to remember my dreams once I wake up. I hardly ever remember any of my dreams and even if I do, they are usually outrageous.
- I like collecting useless information.
- For some reason, I have been unable to wear my emerald ring since my wedding due to ring rot. Its weird cuz I had been wearing it for years.
- I have always dreamed of living in a house with a huge, lush green garden.
- I can only sleep if its completely dark.
- I seriously need to start reading a book now.
- I am usually really good at guessing the time….the difference is usually just 2-3 minutes at max.
- I love food. Seriously. Dont be misled by the way I look, I have just learned to control wat I eat.
- I dont see things as completely black or as completely white.
- I am usually very curious. If I know a bit of something, I’d want to know all that I can about it.
- I laugh a lot and I tend to get excited quite easily.
- I’d rather be the driver than be the passenger.
- I dont really mind being in the kitchen…but that doesnt mean I am a great cook.
Now wen Safi and farooq did this post, I didnt really take it too seriously. It was fun to read and even more fun to read the comments coming on it. Initially I didnt really plan to take it as a tag…at least not to be done alone but the minerva did one herself so I thought Id give it a try too. Mine would obviously wouldnt be as descriptive as Minerva’s, Im sorry I dont write so well and I am always short of words ( 😛 ) so hopefully this should suffice. (I am only writing about ppl I consider my buddies so if you find something offensive about urself, dont expect an apology, buddies should be able to digest this. Wanted to add AD here but have known her for only a few months, so if i’l ever do a sequel of this, expect her to be in there. ):
- Absar: Oh well, he’s one of the few guys who dont mind being called sweet. Is that enough to describe him? Ummm, I dont think so. He is one guy who u can expect do be doing tags, always in love and is sensitive enough to not only write poems and even watch (and enjoy!!) flicks from 50s. So in short, I kinda agree with Safi and farooq here 😛
- Anas: He can surely be a lot like Absar at times…getting there but not completely there as yet 😛 I always thought guys were supposed to disorganised and lazy. This boy plans everything years in advance and is also worried about his weight.
- PD: I just love her. She’s humble, sweet and one of the nicest ppl I have come across in my life. Sanest of us all.
- Mahwash: Takes her life very seriously. If she’s doing something, she has to be either really good at it or she wont be doing it. She has strong opinions about stuff and is not scared of being vocal about them, thus, either makes a lot of people simply hate her or just love her for wat she is.
- Hira: Witty and crude. She is very honest and thats the best thing about her. If she doesnt like something, she’l say it on ur face.
- Safi and farooq: They are both crazy and pretend to be wat they are not. But they are mature, sensitive ppl. They both know wat their problems are, even know the solution to their problem but they dont really seem to be doing much to solve em. They can be a lot of fun wen u want to have fun, they can be the best listeners wen u want someone to just listen to ur crap without really judging you and can give you great advises wen u are simply looking for sincere advises.
My blog is the most depressing place on earth right now….or so it seems so I just thought id do something which I was supposed to do a bit earlier and is not as depressing. I am not taking a break from the Schism series, there will still be a new post every 2-3 days at least for now but this was something I promised AD ages ago.
The idea is, to list five items in each category and not necessarily in order of liking. You can always add or subtract categories according to your will. Then tag five lovely people to be the next ones to take this quiz.
- Absolutely (although I know everything is merely relative)
- Sweet (I know most guys hate to be called that 😛 )
- Hai Rabba (does that count as a word?)
Favorite characters (Fiction):
- Tinkerbell (Yea, I know I am not a 3 year old 😛 )
- The Lone Ranger
- Dr Robert Langdon
- Long John Silver
- Jack Sparrow (Wat? Another pirate!? Wat can I do, childhood fantasies perhaps)
- Finding Neverland
- The Pianist
- Life is Beautiful
Favorite Books: This is tough, just 5 fav books!!??
- A Time to Kill (have read it more than 20 times)
- A Walk to Remember
- Digital Fortress
- Broken Verses
- Call Me Elizabeth: Wife, Mother, Escort
Now I am not tagging anyone cuz I dont know 5 people on the blogosphere who havent done this already 😛
Absar’s blog already has the second part of his hate list and I just thought it finally gives me a good reason to update my blog too 🙂 Not that I hadnt been blogging at all….but doing this one felt really good 😉
- People who judge me on the basis of my ethnic background and social status.
- Those who can label anyone a kafir who doesnt agree with their idea of Islam.
- The self-proclaimed aalims who go around giving fatwas.
- The everything-is-halal and the exact opposite everything-is-haram sorts.
- The I-know-it-all, you-have-no-right-to-speak sorts.
- People who will disagree with simply anything and everything….just for the sake of it.
- The ones who simply dont understand that I am ignoring them cuz I dont like them….and simply dont want to understand that I dont want them around!
- All the “Mashwara Khanums” who give “muft ka gayan” all the time: If I’l need ur suggestion, I’l ask for it!
- People who look away wen someone needs help
- Those who break laws and are so proud of it that they even brag about it.
- Chain smokers
- Ungrateful/thankless people
- People who pretend nothing bothers them
- Gutless drivers
- People who fake their accents
- Pakistanis who try to be whiter than the whites: you are brown and you are gonna stay that way!
- Hard core feminists who would chant slogans of equal rights every where and yet expect men to let them go ahead of themselves in the queue: If you want equal rights, expect equal responsibilities as well.
- People who think its OK to put up posters, paint “Chalo Chalo Nishter Park Chalo” and spit paan on a newly painted wall
- And even more who think its OK to throw away their garbage right in front of their neighbor’s gate