You dont have to be a Brad Pitt fan to like this
To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.
– James Agate
So Mariyas, I know you tagged me ages ago, I am sorry for being soo lazy but here’s my list of 7 over rated things finally 🙂
- Love: I think we just care for certain people and want them to care for us in return. Yet it is interesting that love has been able to inspire poets/writers all along.
- Getting Married/Being in a committed relationship: Why does everyone wants everyone else to be married? I have failed to understand that. Isnt it something very very personal. But people would ever really understand? I dont think so. I just dont think that single people are losers. Its not a disease to be single, just a choice. You can be alone and yet not be lonely. On the other hand, you might be married and yet be as lonely as anyone can ever be.
- Angelina-Brad jodi/SRK/Atif Aslam: Oh can we talk about something else? There are ppl dying in suicide blasts and we are talking about a few ppl’s personal lives!
- Talk shows/Reality shows: Why are we all hooked to watching Hamid Mir making everyone ‘fight’ over issues that do not seem to have a solution? And dont we all secretly want to be superstars or else why cant we miss watching ‘So you think you can dance’ or ‘American Idol’?
- Gora rang: Get over it, please! We have the best complexion in the world, cherish it!! And please, if gora rang was the reason ppl got married, there wouldnt be a single person married in a lot of countries.
- 2012: Do I even need to comment here?
- Facebook/Twitter: People spend more time on these than in real life. I still dont understand why ppl have to update their fb status and all even after coming out of the loo 😛
This has been an eventful year for me, my whole life has changed completely: new place, new acquaintances, new way of life. But I hope its all for good.
I am in a place where I hardly know anyone other than the guy who is the reason I am here. And I am glad in him being the reason. Taking him out of the equation, I’d rather be at home where everything was familiar, where I could be a lil rude wenever I was not in a mood to be chirpy and get away with it, where I could just sit and chat idly with my family, procrastinate at work and then even complain about not getting work done on time.
But this post is not supposed to be a depressing one. Its supposed to be about hopes, desires and aspirations for the year that starts in six days from now.
I am looking forward to a year wen Id be adjusting with my new lifestyle, becoming a better muslim and improving my culinary skills.I plan to make some positive changes in m life. God, help me with that!
I plan to be myself and I hope I can stick to my new year resolution.
- Love marriage ki shadi
- Valentine’s Day ka din
- ATM ki machine
- Mah-e-Ramzan ka mahina
- Aab-e-zamzam ka pani
‘Dubara repeat’ tou na keroon na? 😉
If you have known me for a while, I am sure you know that I am not a feminist. There are certain things that we have to live with and our gender is one of em…obviously unless u are a transgender.
Talking to a lot of working women (being one of em myself), I have often felt that working women tend to be in a far greater pressure, not only from ppl at work but also from the family, as compared to men. They not only have to fulfill their role at office but also have to take care of their parents, husbands, get pregnant and then also take care of their children, finally making it more difficult for them to be really good at each and everything, being guilty about it and finally creating even more pressure on themselves.
I just found a very interesting article which talks about this very same issue that women deal with literally every day of their lives. A must read.
Total views: 57,186
Busiest day: 307 — Friday, January 16, 2009
Views today: 106
So I complete my two years of blogging!
It still seems a lil weird that I actually started blogging and have also continued it long enough to be writing this exactly two years later cuz I have never liked writing, I have never been good at it and still dont think I have gotten any better even after 166 posts on this blog only. Still, I know there are certain people who have been kind enough to visit my blog regularly and read all the crap that I not only write but am also audacious enough ( 😛 ) to publish them. So for all those people who have over time become buddies, acquaintances or prefer to remain strangers/silent readers and also those who practically always have something negative to say and yet come to the blog everyday…I have to say I wonder at you being here. Through blogging, I have been able to meet some really wonderful people and although I still do not consider my blog to be a mainstream one, I know there are people who wait for me to update it.
The blog says….Thank you 🙂